If you aren't using a computer all day every day, and if you don't use online tools like Amazon, PayPal, Facebook messaging, Instagram, PicMonkey, etc, you might not feel comfortable venturing into building a website for yourself, or working with a designer. Even with Wix being the easiest yet most professional platform in the world, there are still certain basic skills that are assumed and required. Without those, doing a website or blog, or even participating in the site development process with a designer, or getting tech support may become frustrating.
For an optimum experience with Wix or De*WriteSites, I recommend having a minimal comfort level with:
1. Using tech support via online ticket system or direct email
2. Using online and email scheduling to make a phone appointment
3. Paying emailed invoices generated by PayPal
4. Basic computer and internet vocabulary
5. Identifying your ideal client's presenting problem and desired outcome
6. Providing feedback by email
7. Sending clinical forms and photos by email attachment
8. Copying and pasting text -- as from a document to an email or web page
9. Using a cell phone to take a decent photo, with instructions
10. Using a worksheet stem sentence exercise to draft website content
Examples of Transferable Experiences
If you have used VistaPrint to design your business cards, or a brochure for your business, you may have the skills and general experience needed to build a great site with Wix.
If you have created an information handout for a class or workshop you have taught, and made it look visually attractive, you may be able to create a decent looking website with Wix.
If you email photos of your grandkids to your friends, or send a group email attachment of favored family recipe to your book club, you should be able to communicate by email with tech support.
If you wrote a disclosure statement about your education and therapeutic orientation using Microsoft Word, using good paragraphing, titles and subheads, you should be able to quickly get oriented to the Wix editing tools and compose a blog post.
And by the way, if you have a high comfort with text messaging and using your cell phone for social media, and ordering from Amazon, I may be calling you! I'm a little behind in developing my skills with that particular device. LOL